You may be like me and got into network marketing because you saw the potential to make a nice living by building a strong network marketing team, offering a service or product that you were passionate about. Unfortunately building a strong network marketing team isn't always easy. The question is asked all the time, “How do I build a strong network marketing team?”
The Truth About Building a Strong Network Marketing Team
If you have ever wondered how building a strong network marketing team can get you to the top of your compensation plan and truly see the benefits of residual income, well these 10 Tips to Building a Strong Network Marketing Team should help you out.
If you are like many frustrated network marketers trying to build a strong network marketing team then pay close attention to these tips.
10 Tips To Building A Strong Network Marketing Team
1. Don't assume everyone you recruit is going to build your network marketing business. People join network marketing companies for different reasons. Some just want a few extra bucks a month; some just want to be customers; others actually want to change their lives. Whatever the reason, be happy you have people, be it customer's or team builders. Just realize everyone will not be as excited as you to build a network marketing business. Love them for who they are and where they want to go. The best thing when signing a new person is to ask them what they hope to gain and then act accordingly.
2. Never offer your opinion on how you think they should be building their business. When you ask them what they hope to gain then ask them if they are coach-able and motivated. This will give you an idea as to how to proceed with this person. What you don't want to do is start bossing them around, unless of course you don't want them on your team any longer. ;
3. As Ray Higdon always advises; be pulley not pushy. You want to ask them the right questions to pull them vs trying to push them to your way of thinking. Ask questions like: Why did you join? What do you hope to gain? Are those things important to you? Do you really want those things? How do you plan to obtain the freedom you desire? These are all pulley questions to get them to open up and help you to guide them in the right direction.
4. Always, always, always recognize your team mates for their accomplishments, even if they seem small accomplishments to you. People love a pat on the back and to be recognized.
Always recognize those that are putting in the effort!
5. Inspire don't motivate. Stop thinking, “How can I motivate my team” instead think how you can inspire them. Here's a clue; your team will follow the leader. If you are building, they will build. If you are more focused on how to get them to do what you want them to do and less on building you are going to meet resistance. Lead by example!
6. Don't be a micro-manager. Teach your team what you know. You don't have to be the only one that has all the answers and knows where to go to get them. If you are spending 30-45 minutes on the phone with team members giving them the answers they need you are setting yourself up for failure.
The bigger your team the more time it will take you to answer questions and point them to the tools they need. Teach them to be self-sufficient. Make some videos on the questions you get ask most often and store them somewhere accessible to the team or point them to a training video. That way when a dozen people are asking the same question over and over you can simple say “I did a video on exactly that topic. Go check it out.” Stop holding their hand like they are 5 years old. It's okay not to be the go-to-person. Believe me you will have less headaches and more time to build your business and do the things you want!
7. Be a team builder BEFORE you have a team. Start acting like you do have a large team. If you start seeing yourself leading calls, building a large team, training them, etc. your mind will start to attract new thoughts into your head conducive to having a large team. A great book to read on this subject is “Breaking the Habit of Being You-How to Love Your Mind and Create a New One” by Dr. Joe Dispenza.
8. You don't have to be the star of the show all the time. Let other team mates lead the calls or do a webinar occasionally. Let them tell their story and shine. If you are the one constantly shining your would-be leaders will not continue on the journey with you. This is not a one person show, unless of course you want to be the only one in the show. Word to the wise-it gets lonely at the top by yourself.
9. Always be investing in your education. The more you learn the more value you can bring to your team. Hint: Top earners spend hundreds of thousands of dollars yearly on their education. They are constantly learning. Why? Because they take what they learn and teach it to their team which makes them grow and prosper which in turn puts money in the team leader's pocket; hence the title “Top Earner”. Invest, learn, teach, earn!
10. Qualify your teammates. Not everyone is privileged to have you as their leader. Never let a team member abuse you verbally or abuse your time. If you are constantly giving advice and they aren't taking it give them homework to do. If they don't do the homework they don't get any more coaching. Protect your time so you can use it for the people who are serious about building a network marketing business.
Other Articles Featuring Network Marketing Tips
Love to Hear from YOU
Did you get value? What was your favorite tip? Please leave me a comment and share with your team.
Your entrepreneur friend,
PS If you would like an awesome training on How To Easily Build a Solid Team CLICK HERE to get Ray Higdon's “Success Secrets From Top Team Builders.” Disclaimer: I do make a commission on this product.